Sunday 30 October 2011

MKTG2003 - Marketing for Financial Services - Blog Post 10

This Blog post deals with the experience I had in completing my Assignment, both the presentation and the report. Firstly, it must be mentioned we initially had some difficulty in finding relevant material for Morgan Stanley, the company we had initially chosen. Then one of my team mates Nicholas Babic suggested we do Colonial First State instead as his father knew about the company to a certain extend. This gave us an advantage of getting more information. The change of organization was met with little resistance from the group and all of us committed ourselves to finding information about certain aspects of Colonial First State like the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and the 5Cs. In the end even with some minor problems we managed to come up with a final draft for both the presentation and report with which I was satisfied. Ashwin and I decided to present on behalf of our group and we practiced quite a bit before the due date. This helped us be confident during our presentation and I felt we gave it our best effort. After the presentation we immediately met up and divided the work for report. All of us spend equal time and effort fleshing out the details of the report and we finally came up with solid report. In the end I must say I had a great experience working on this assignment. I enjoyed working in a team which is how projects are worked on in the real world. I also loved applying the theories and models like the P-E model, the buyer behaviour analysis and other marketing concepts I learned during this course on a real world company like Colonial First State.

No comments:

Post a Comment